PE & Sport Premium
Peterborough Sports Partnership
SPORTS PREMIUM REPORT 2016 – 2017
Sports Premium Budget 2016-17
At Dogsthorpe Academy we are looking to provide each and every pupil with opportunities, in a range of activities, in order to develop increased participation in lifelong physical activity.
Our Academy is using the Sports Premium money to develop a greater range and quality of experiences within physical activity; this will be during physical education lessons and as extra-curricular experiences.
Aims for academic year 2016 – 2017:
Purchase further sports equipment to provide a wider range of sports equipment for pupils.
Develop the sports section on the website to include all fixtures and results.
Develop closer partnership links with other schools and academies.
PE rewards for pupils who have shown excellent progress.
Develop inter-academy competitions and build possible Peterborough academy sports hub and competitions.
Click on the link below for our Sports premium funding.
Sports Premium Funding 2016-17
Sports Premium Funding 2016-17 (reviewed spring term)
Sport Premium Package 2016 – 2017
Sports Premium Funding & Review 2015-16
EXTRA CURRICULAR CLUBS
Dogsthorpe Academy offer a range of after school clubs to cover all aspects of the curriculum and helps to develop a range of interests that our children may wish to pursue in later years. We have a large number of sports clubs too which have proved very popular.
Click on the link below for our extra curricular sports clubs.
Click on the link below to see how many children access our extra curricular sports clubs.
At Dogsthorpe Academy we believe that swimming is a life skill that every child should develop in their primary years, therefore every child has the opportunity to achieve their 25 metres goal.
Click on the link below to see our 15/16 success rate.
Use and impact of Sports Premium:
- Quality CPD for staff using internal and external expertise
- Pupils accessing a wider range of sports
- Pupils able to attend sporting competitions locally and regionally
- Change for life has been implemented at the school
- Strong partnerships created with other schools
- Pupils confidence within Physical Education has increased with fewer pupils not having PE kit
- Increase in opportunities for our SME pupils
- Increased use of Computing with PE lessons- video analysis and playback
- Profile of healthy life styles and regular physical activity raised
Curricular Provision for PE:
Timetabled one hour and 30 minutes of Physical Education, 45 minutes on each unit of work, with a variety of an indoor and outdoor setting, all delivered by our dedicated Physical Education Team.